Saturday, July 25, 2009

I need you every day

Dear God,

Lord, I am empty.
My body is tired,
my emotions unstable,
my perspective smashed;
any hope and glimpse of you I quickly brush aside as it drowns in my worries and daily cares.
I am in need of you every day.
There is no day I can get through without you.
My worth as a child, meaning, drown in the messages of the world.
And Lord, I cry out to hear you.
I cry out every day.
And as a drowning victim claws onto driftwood rushing by,
I claw onto the glimpses given of you.
Keeping me afloat for a moment

Lord, teach me to swim.

I need you every day.
Not just when I am at the end of my rope.
Not just as a last resort.
I need you to keep me afloat.
To be my raft and keep me stable in the wind and waves.

I cannot control the every day.
I try to see and to learn
But ultimately, the outcome is up to you.
Help me to trust things into your hands.
And not into my illusion of control.

Lord, help me to see you in the darkest of moments
Help me to hear your voice above others
Help me to be a voice of hope and encouragement when none exists.
Help me to love and not be quick to anger.

Lord, I need you every day.
Teach me to swim.

No comments: