Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thankfulness

I went on a walk today. I started off just going to the mailbox to drop in a movie from netflix, and then I pulled a Forrest Gump and felt the need to just keep walking. At first, I thought I would just go around the block, and an hour later I ended up back home. It was a nice walk, I would normally run to get some exercise, but my body wasn't feeling it, and it gave me a chance to be reflective and pray (whereas running, most of my thoughts are things like "must...push...past...pain..."). I realized I needed to focus on thanksfulness and delighting in God's provision. Some things I am thankful for this week:

1. Ms Aretha not having cancer and recovering from her mouth surgery.
2. Having kind of a profound moment with God over my cat being sick.
3. Being able to ride my bike to a lot of places and not use my car.
4. For people like the Brewsters who look at their beautiful house as a gift from God and something to be shared.
5. My community of friends and fellow mentors in San Diego.
6. A meeting with my research boss this week that went well and made me feel like all my analysis has not been for naught.
7. God using my brokeness to mentor a girl many years ago, and getting to see her this weekend and getting to hear how God is working through her in Thailand.
8. My parents who love me and my dad who lights a candle for me at church every sunday, for my health and well-being, and to find the right husband for me.

No comments: